BoA talks about her aversion to vegetables as a result of dieting trauma


Article: 'Please Take Care of My Fridge' BoA blames her diet trauma "I don't eat vegetables often because of it"

Source: TV Daily via Nate

"Into my late teens, my agency thought I was too overweight so they made me eat salads for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or blended drinks. I lost a lot of weight that way but then they said I lost too much weight. Because of that negative experience, I don't eat vegetables much anymore."

1. [+291, -17] No wonder BoA never grew in height, all SM did was feed her salads at an age where she needs nutrients to grow tsk tsk. Greedy SM bastards.

2. [+227, -11] Seriously, listening to the lengths BoA went to with her diets makes my diet pale in comparison ㅠ How can you live without carbs ㅜㅜㅜ It was really cute watching her let it all out on the show though ㅋㅋ

3. [+149, -9] Time flew by with this episode, BoA's so charming. I really liked how she judged each dish with such manners and pointed out the pros and cons. Cool on stage but respectful elsewhere.

4. [+29, -1] She was just chubby then.. can't imagine the stress she must've been under being told to lose weight and then being told she lost too much weight. She was just a kid back then.

5. [+24, -1] I remember when she was promoting 'No. 1' and 'Atlantis Princess', she wore crop tops that showed her stomach and people talked so much about her belly fat showing. She was right at the age where she should be growing too... and then she dropped a ton of weight for 'My Name' and came out with abs.

6. [+22, -4] I felt so bad for her ㅠㅠ but now she's so pretty and respectful ㅎㅎ fun episode today

7. [+17, -4] It's not too late to lose weight after you're done growing ㅠㅠㅠ  Look at Sulli, she dropped all the weight after her height was done growing and now she's so pretty...

8. [+14, -0] SM was bad then but so were the hateful commenters who called her chubby and demanded that she lose weight. She was so young back then and wasn't even fat compared to the activities she had to complete with her promotions but people still told her to lose weight... So sad to see skinny stars being forced to diet.

9. [+12, -2] I remember reading that she only ate seaweed for her diet back then, and she was really young too

10. [+10, -0] BoA never grew in height probably because of her diets but also because she started doing hardcore dances at such a young age. She began break dancing and popping since elementary school... Isn't that why Shinhwa's Lee Minwoo never grew either.......

-